Sunday, April 11, 2010

You can never be prepared for life.....

In our case we also did not know what to prepare for.....Since taking care of Yatish was 24/7 and more effort, I had to quit my job. It was very difficult decision, since I was climbing the corporate ladder well and I loved my job. This was the worst nightmare of any career loving person. To give it all up and do something which you have no clue where it is going to lead you to...but then I had no choice.

It was a matter of priority and my priority was my son...But in between all this, there were many a time when we felt completely cornered and helpless. While my hubby had his job as an outlet to meet people and do something different, I was becoming a complete basket case...I had to do something to keep me senile. We had a talk and I decided to join an evening college to pursue a post graduate diploma. It did wonders to my state of mind. I felt a sense of achievement. We went about looking for options for Yatish with more gusto.

During this time, we met Dr. Bernard Brucker, Founder of the Biofeedback Laboratory at the University of Miami’s School of Medicine. He was in India on a visit. Dr. Brucker, developed an internationally recognized biofeedback method that uses precise techniques to restore lost functions in those with neural impairment, called the Brucker Method. According to Brucker, this method helps to improve the lives of those with neurological motor impairment by providing a bridge between neuroscience and rehabilitation.

Since in this method the patient has to work on commands, and since Yatish was too young, we had to wait for some time before we could use this method.

http://www.sci-therapies.info/biofeedback.htm

In India, Dr. Brucker has set up a centre at Asha Rehabilitation Centre.


http://www.ashafoundation.org/asharehab/index.htm

No comments: